Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Slutty Halloween Costumes

My Halloween Song On NPR today: "Women Whose Halloween Costume is Just That They're Slutty--That's Not a Costume at All"

Posted Wed. Oct 31, 1:29 PM ET by Jill Sobule in Jill Sobule and The Provocateurs

I was again the guest op-ed troubador on NPR's The Bryant Park Project. Here's the NPR link and song: "Women whose Halloween Costume is Just that They're Slutty--Well, That's Not a Costume at All"

Here's the lyrics--remember I only had one day to write the song. But I meant every word of it. Oh, also check out my pal Eban who brought in his Theremin:

Halloween was my favorite holiday but in these last few years

Something so terrible has filled me with fear.

It's not the razor in the apple; no I heard that never happened

No, it's something much worse

It's women whose Halloween costume is just that they're slutty

That's not a costume at all. What happened to Witches and monsters?

They left the Halloween Ball

Just putting kitten ears on your head is not creative.

A skimpy black dress is not very scary--unless you're Ann Coulter

Stiletto heels are not that special unless worn by a man

I'm not a prude, but I'm not a fan....of

Women whose Halloween costume is just that they're slutty

That's not a costume at all. What happened to Witches and monsters?

They left the Halloween Ball

Okay, maybe if you play a dead prostitute from say Jack the ripper days or maybe a zombie whore from outer space. But the naughty devil outfit in lingerie? Well, that's...just not good.

No comments: